Cloud's Honor Racing

Cloud's Honor Racing
www.GoodHorse.org

Cloud's Honor Riding

Cloud's Honor Riding
www.LeightonFarm.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

Riding Her

By the end of February, I felt confident I should start riding her. She was longeing decently and I thought she’d be happier if she was ridden. How hard could it be to just do a few circles in front of the barn after longeing? Well, I longed her first and that went well, so I removed the side reins and got on from the mounting block. JK peeked out of the barn to see what would happen. I just rode her around on the flat area in front of my barn. There are always a few jumps set up out there. She was a typical ottb, in that she didn’t know how to turn off the leg and seat and wanted to rubber neck a bit when you resorted to the rein. You see, racehorses do steer, but we rarely turn them. About 20 minutes of that and she was relaxed and I thought I better stop on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment