Cloud's Honor Racing

Cloud's Honor Racing
www.GoodHorse.org

Cloud's Honor Riding

Cloud's Honor Riding
www.LeightonFarm.com

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cross Country and Graycie - NOT a Good Idea

Things were going okay in our training of "circle, circle", but Graycie had her moments of resistance. She was very annoyed that nothing fun ever happened. I tried my best to give her variety.We set out with Punkie, my tried and true horse on a cross country hack. Punkie actually broke Graycie and I felt it could lead to a breakthrough. Well I couldn’t get back to the barn fast enough. It was decided she wasn’t ready for hacks.During this time I was riding as many horses as I could to work on getting my dressage seat back. I had been an exercise rider for 20 some years and it had been ages since I did anything other than break babies and gallop. I knew I needed some lessons, but I also needed to get “good enough’’ to take lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment