Cloud's Honor Racing

Cloud's Honor Racing
www.GoodHorse.org

Cloud's Honor Riding

Cloud's Honor Riding
www.LeightonFarm.com

Monday, March 9, 2009

Elizabeth

I've been focusing on dressage with Birdie. That's been the toughest thing for him and of course, each time he improves in his dressage, he improves in his jumping. Elizabeth has been working with us three times a week. I wish I could do this all the time, but I have limited funds so this is a temporary situation. We've made huge strides forward and experienced breakthrough after breakthrough.


Something happened the other day that on the surface seems unimportant, but knowing this Bird the way I do, it was a defining moment. In the past, when someone else gets on him, there is a tractor beam pulling him to me. He's very insecure around other people and really only trusts me. Elizabeth got on him a few days and he wanted to stay with me. He learned a lot from Elizabeth and he experienced several transforming moments with her.


I was on the ground on Friday and Elizabeth walked away and Birdie began to follow her. He's never trusted anyone else before this moment. He's been more settled and happier when other people come around. I think he finally realized that most humans are good and I thank Elizabeth for this. One of the things I like most about schooling with Elizabeth, besides the fact she's an incredible teacher, is that she cares about my horses as much as I do. She is attached and personally invested in them. This is very good for me and my horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment